Monday, February 23, 2015

21 Day Fix Extreme, day 1

  I am super excited to be starting my first round of the fix extreme program! So excited.  I have had some bad habits creep back in, and this is just what I need to get back on track.  Last February when the original 21 day fix came out, I lost 11lbs and 8.5 inches in just 21 short days.  This program is a step up, and a little more strict, and there are NO cheat days.  No wine, no sweet treats.  And every workout is done with weights or resistance bands!
I promised to blog about my journey, so here we go!  
First off, my container count looks like this everyday. 
3 greens (veggies)
2 purples (fruits)
4 reds (protein)
2 yellows (carbs)
2 tsp (oils and nut butters)
1 orange (dressings)
1 blue (healthy fats)



Day 1~
Workout was Plyo Fix.  Plyo with weights!  Legs are jello! 
Breakfast
I ALWAYS start my day with Shakeology and a banana.  This morning I worked out around my normal breakfast time, so I had a banana, then had my shake blended with 2tsp of peanut butter. (those are the tsp of oils and nut butters I am allowed) 

Mid morning snack was 12 almonds (I work outside the home for 2 hours a few days a week, so I was in a rush but it kept me satisfied until lunch)

Lunch was a big salad with 2 eggs, red peppers and a little bit of dressing on it.  I made a homemade balsamic vinaigrette from the Fix recipes. 


Afternoon snack was a small apple.

Dinner was something new I tried...Turkey meatloaf, and man it turned out so good! I paired it with a sweet potato and some cottage cheese. The meatloaf equaled out to 1 red, 1/2 yellow and 1/2 purple.

(try to not be to jealous of my awesome paper plates..my dishwasher is broke lol)

Over all it's been a pretty good day! Night time is here, and this is my weakness....glass of wine, beer with hubby, snacks to go along.  NOT going to happen. I'm committed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment