Tuesday, March 3, 2015

PB and strawberry oatmeal

I am not a fan of regular oatmeal, at all!  The texture makes me gag...for real.  I can't eat it, and I wish I could because it's so good for me!  And it's a filling breakfast to keep me fuller longer when I want Shakeology after my workout and not first thing in the morning!
Thankfully the 21 day fix Extreme came to my rescue again in the food department.  Check out this oatmeal recipe that uses steal cut oats and doesn't make me gag! ;) 
 
You need
 1 cup of water
1 pinch of sea salt
1/4 cup of steel cut oats
1 tsp. of smooth all natural PB
2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk (optional, and I only used 1 Tbsp.)
1 cup sliced strawberries
 
 
1. Bring water and salt to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat to low
2. Add oats, cook, stirring frequently for 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed.  Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Add PB, mix well.  If it's to think add almond milk.
4. Top with strawberries

So, so good!  
Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment