Thursday, February 26, 2015

Turkey Chili

You know how you want chili on a cold day, but sometimes chili can take a long time to cook, and not to mention it's not so healthy for you?
Well your in luck! I found the perfect recipe for your chili needs! Straight out of the 21 day fix extreme meal plan. :) 

What you need:
1 tsp of olive oil
1.5lbs of 93% lean ground turkey
1 medium onion chopped (I used onion powder)
1 medium green pepper chopped (I used red)
3 cloves of garlic, chopped (I used garlic powder)
1.5 tsp. of ground cumin
1 Tbsp. of chili powder
1/2 tsp. of sea salt
1/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper (optional, and I didn't use it)
2, 15oz cans black beans (I used 1 black bean and one can of corn)
1, 15oz can of diced tomatoes, no sugar added
12 fresh cilantro springs, finely chopped (for garnish, optional, I didn't use this either)

1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat
2. Add turkey, onion, pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally
3. Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring constantly for 1 mintue
4. Add beans and tomatoes (with liquid) bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, gently boil, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes or until thickened (mine took about 30 minutes to thicken to how I liked it) 
5. Serve and sprinkle with cilantro

No comments:

Post a Comment