Wednesday, February 26, 2014

This week, the girls are celebrating Dr. Seuss.  On Monday they wore something green, on Tuesday it was bring something that can fit in your pocket, today it was wacky hair/socks/clothes day. 
 Tomorrow is dress up like a character from the book.  Me not being the planner I used to be, was thinking they just wouldn't dress up. I'm not creative, at all, and was thinking what on earth would I do anyway?? 
Last night I got to thinking...why not do shirts with thing one and thing two?  Well, I had thought about it before, but never really wanted to put it into action....I could of easily bought the shirts last weekend when I knew tomorrow was the day.  But I sat on it. Then today comes....I decide I'm going to do it.  I see someone post these cute little shirts on Instagram....easy enough.
Ask the Mom how she did it, she gives me directions.
Post on Facebook, asking for help.
All I need is a design, iron on transfer sheets, download a mirror image, iron it on the shirts, and wala! Your done!
Okay...not so simple to a Mom who doesn't do "crafts" and last minute planned for this all.

First I head to Office Depot.  I get what I think I need, and then head to Kmart (right next door) and get 2 red t-shirts.  
After that, I head to my in-laws where there is a printer (mine is broke) and to get the iron (I don't iron)...my BIL helped me resize my pictures so they would fit on the shirts! 


Cute right?  
Then I head home, wash the shirts, then get ready to head to the pick up line and wait for the girls to get off school.
Get home, start ironing the shirts.....get ready to put the image on....ummm wait....
What I have is not right.  I have the image, have the paper....what is wrong? 

Oh yes.  You have to print the damn image out ON THE PAPER THAT I BOUGHT AT OFFICE DEPOT. 
Really? 
So I call my in-laws, head on over, get the girls bundled up, ready to print my images on the paper I need.
Oh yea....you can ONLY use ink printer...not laser printer...which is all my in-laws have.
So we visited for a few, then headed back home.  Hurried up and made dinner for all of us.  And hubby ran to work printing the images on the paper I was supposed to use.  

All was well.  The day was saved.  
Then...the fighting began.

Alex wanted to be thing one....Abby wanted to be thing one because "Alex always is the leader, I want to be the leader" 
ugg.  Really?  
I thought that was okay...and we decided well, Abby was "baby A" (she came out first) and Alex was baby B. So, Abby would be thing one, Alex thing two.

Alex cried.  Wanted to get her way.  It turned into a family deal then...lets talk about this and see what we think.

Final thoughts.
Alex can't cry and get her way....she wanted to be thing one because she thinks being "number one" is better?? I told her it doesn't work like that....Abby can be thing one, no big deal. 
Numbers don't matter. 
Shirts don't matter.
Mommy and Daddy worked hard on these.  We tried to explain it didn't matter...we loved them both the same, and feelings shouldn't be hurt. 

Ugg.....

Just trying to be a good Mom!  And this is what I get....
Yep... super mom to the rescue.  

They were supposed to come out white where it's clear looking...ugg. 

Total fail. 

But hey. I tried.


No comments:

Post a Comment