Thursday, February 20, 2014

21 day fix, day 8!!

Today started my second week of the fix!  It's been a pretty awesome week so far.  Before I get into much, let me go over my food for today. :) 

Breakfast
1 purple, 1 yellow, 1 tsp
Whole wheat waffle, tsp of PB, and cantaloupe

Lunch
1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow
Today I tried a recipe from the 21 day fix book.  Stir fry veggies!  So good.  I even made a 21 day fix spice to add to it.  First time I have ever made my own. :)  The stir fry had asparagus, carrots, onions and red pepper.  I also made some rice to add to it, and had vanilla Shakeology with 10oz of water, and some ice. 

After school snack
1 purple, 1 red 
Organic, plain, non fat yogurt, with pineapple and some blueberries...sweetened with Stevia.
First time I have had dairy in 8 days....not to bothered by it yet. 

Dinner
2 reds, 1 green
Baked chicken from the deli at the store (so much better then frozen crap) seasoned with 21 day fix seasoning, green beans, and cottage cheese. (I eat lactose free cottage cheese because of my dairy issues) 

I still have 1 blue and 1 tsp left, and I may have some almonds with PB for a snack. :) 

On to my big news!  
If you are reading this from Facebook, or Instagram, you may have seen this already.  

I don't normally talk about my weight, or focus on it. But let me tell you something. For the past 2 years, I haven't been under 160lbs. Summer of 2012, I actually got up to my weight I was when I gave birth to my twins. 174lbs. That was a pretty dark time, and I didn't know what to do. In my head I wanted to change, I had the tools, but it wasn't clicking for me. I was stuck in bad habits, not ready to fully change I guess. I finally lost some weight with #turbofire but still, last summer I was sitting at around 165ish. I was happy, but I knew I could do better. Holidays got here. Depression reared it's ugly head again.
Up until about 2 weeks ago, I was struggling. I never talked much about it, but life wasn't my friend. To many things pulling me down, and not only that but I was allowing those things, and certain people to drag me down.
I was talking to a friend about clean eating. I WANTED to do it. But it made me nervous. I knew what needed to be done, but I wanted someone to lay it out for me, to show me EXACTLY what to do.
In comes the #21dayfix
Lightbulb.
Today is day 8. Down 4 inches and 5lbs. I feel amazing. I feel so good. I was scared to death to step on that thing. This program is going to change my life. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment